Web scraping is the popular data collection method used by companies to collect data from internet without wasting their time to do repetitive tasks of copy-paste. So here are the top 10 web scraping software tools to help you finding a best option to meet your data needs.
Web scraping also known as web extraction, data scraping, web harvesting etc. But their goals are same to get data from the web and store it in your local or cloud storage for further processing or analytics.
Top Web Scraping Tools By Google Trend
The data can be in form of:
- Emails or Leads data scraping
- Content information: Price, descriptions, reviews, phone numbers etc
- Data feed for machine learning or AI
- Products data for retail or manufacturing
Agenty is SaaS (Software as a service) company based in Gurugram, India. Agenty offers point-and-click web scraping tool for users who want to extract data from web without any programming knowledge.
- Point-and-click setup
- Built in post-processing function
- Scripting for advance logic
- Plugins to integrate with 3rd party apps
- REST based API
- Pricing starts from just $29
- Great customer support available on chat, email or on call
- Free trial is limited to 100 pages only
- Does not support Linkedin, Facebook crawling
- Easy to use
- Rest based API
- No coding required
- Overpriced. The price is 10x higher then Agenty (Agenty : $29 per month and Import.io $299 per month for 5000 pages per month)
- No individual website level support
Dexi.io is basic web scraping and data automation software. This is also called cloud web scraper tool. Dexi enables you to get data from all websites and social media pages. It can collect and save data to Box.net and Google drive and export this into JSON and CSV.
- Firefox extension to setup agents
- Agents creation services available
- No coding required
- Expensive for starters: $119 per month to start
- Difficult for non-developers
- Lack of documentation, example agents
- Expensive for starters
Scrapinghub is the creators and the main maintainers of Scrapy, a popular web scraping framework in Python. Scrapinghub also offer services for building your scraper, deploying and running them to provide data of choice.
- Scrapy engine to deploy and manage your scrapy spider with your web scraping team
- Splash engine to full blown browser behind an API to execute action
- Crawlera smart proxy to handle the IP block and automatic IP rotation
- Expensive for businesses: Starting at $450 per site
- No Refunds
- Hard to understand billing system
- Ability to use REGEX
- Run on your system
- Dropbox, S3 integration
- Require software to be installed
- Expensive: Pricing starts from $149 per month
- Limited support
- Have pages limitation on per run.
- Require lots of steps to setup the scraper.
80legs is web crawling service which allow its user to create and run web crawler through its server as a service platform.
- Pricing starts from $29 per month
- Can be customized
- Good for crawling
- Not as flexible as other tools
- Not good to scrape when you have category or URL list
Octoparse is a Canadian company offers visual web scraping tool. Octoparse give the option to run your agent on cloud and also on your local machine. This tool can export scraped data into csv, html, text and excel format.
- Point and click interface
- Website also available in Japanese language.
- Expensive for starters - Pricing starts from $89 per month
- Runs on your computer
- Advance features are bit complicated
- Unable to scrape data from pdf
Mozenda is probably the oldest web scraping software allow to scrape data from HTML pages. It has Point and Click interface(now) to scrape data. The Mozenda software has features like: full featured API, track history, screen scraping, error handling etc.
- Easy to use for data scraping tool
- Many years of experience
- Hard to understand terms.
- Not easy for complex websites scraping.
- Costly for enterprise projects (Pricing starts from $250 per month.)
Webscraper.io is a small chrome extension freely available on Google chrome. The extension is good for basic data scraping from on page for small projects.
- Free Chrome extension
- Good for basic web scraping
- Has a bit of learning curve
- Not for businesses and Enterprises
Connotate offers a machine learning and visual abstraction tool to turn information from web pages into XLS or CSV Data Files
- Easily capture information from web pages
- Good for form fill and data entry
- Require their desktop software to be installed
- Not for small projects or business